As we know, Netgear routers are always the best networking device. But sometimes, users have some issues with their router device. And one of the errors is Netgear router keeps disconnecting. If, you are one of the users who’s facing this error while using the Netgear device? Don’t worry, we are here to solve your issue with quick steps. So, let’s go towards the steps.
Easy Steps To Fix Netgear Router Keeps Disconnecting
Reboot your Netgear device
- When you face the router that keeps disconnecting and reconnecting issues, then first without any doubt, reboot your Netgear router. To reboot, go with these steps:
- Disconnect the Netgear Nighthawk device from the modem.
- Also turn off your router and unplug it from the outlet.
- After a few seconds, plug the router back into its wall outlet and turn it on.
- Again reconnect the router to the modem.
- That’s it, now check that the error has been resolved or not.
Check the Ethernet cables : Sometimes Ethernet cables which are connecting the Nighthawk router and the modem are defective. May be cables are damaged.
So you need to check the Ethernet cables. If there is any defect, change the cables with the new cable. And also, check that the connection between router and modem is not loose.
Place the devices closer : Sometimes we don’t notice the tiny error like if your router and modem place far from each other, this will also create an issue. We suggest that place the Netgear router device and modem closer, so it will be easy for them to communicate accurately.
Keep away from signal interference : Always place your devices far from other signal devices such as cordless phones, ovens, aluminum studs, washing machines, televisions, and Bluetooth speakers.
Perform Netgear Firmware upgrade : Most effective steps to resolve the Netgear router keep disconnecting or reconnecting issue. Let’s see the upgrade process.
- First, turn on your devices.
- Now, open any preferred internet browser.
- Once the browser opens, type the default web address in the address bar and hit the Enter key.
- Meanwhile, a Netgear router login page will open.
- Type the login credentials of your Netgear router.
- Further, tap on the Login option.
- Move toward the setting menu.
- Hit the Maintenance option.
- Go with the Firmware Update option.
Reset the Netgear router :
- If all the above steps are failed to resolve the Netgear router keeps disconnecting issue, then go along with the factory default reset.
- Find the reset button on the Netgear Nighthawk router.
- With the help of a sharp needle, press the reset button.
- Release the button after a few seconds.
That’s all, we are explaining the troubleshooting steps to fix the Netgear router that keeps disconnecting issue. In case, if you are still experiencing this issue, then contact our technical experts.