Each router comes with a specific model name like Nighthawk R7000, Nighthawk R7500, Nighthawk R8000, etc. Many users want to change their router’s name. In the following article, we explain the detailed steps to change the Nighthawk router name.
Proceed with the following steps to change Nighthawk Router Name
First, you need to log into the Nighthawk router by using the router login credentials. In case you are unable to login, then go with the initial steps of this method.
- Check that your computer device is connects with the Nighthawk router network either by a wireless or wired connection.
- Now, tap on the Start and type cmd in the Search field.
- Press the Enter button.
- After, type ipconfig and tap on the Enter key.
- Here, your Nighthawk router’s IP address will display next to the Default gateway.
- If in case the default gateway is blank, then it means you are not connected to the router’s network.
- So, you need to connect your device to your router with a wired connection via an Ethernet cable.
- Open any preferred web browser and type the IP address which you see in the above step into the address bar.
- Further, enter the username and password of your router.
- After this, the Netgear Genie screen will appear.
- Tap on the Advanced tab.
- Hit the Setup>LAN Setup.
- Set the new name in the Device Name field.
- At last, hit the Apply button to save the new router name.