Are your home’s wifi network slow? Are you struggling with a slow internet connection? If yes, then, in this case, you need to enable extender mode on your nighthawk app.com router. With enable extender mode, you can use a non-Netgear router as an extender, and you can get an enhanced wi-fi network. However, you can also use a Non-Netgear router as the main router and a Nighthawk router as an extender.
- In case you use your Netgear Nighthawk router as an extender, then your routing function like Network traffic management is not active, so that’s why we always recommended you to use the Netgear router as your main router.
- Always use the wired Ethernet connection to set up your extender.
Following are the steps to enable the extender mode on your router
- First of all, navigate to any internet browser on your device that should be connected to your Nighthawk router’s wi-fi network.
- Type http://www.routerlogin.net on your web address bar.
- In case the above web address does not work, then try the below following address.
- Now, enter admin in the username field and password in the default password field.
- After that, the Basic page will open.
- Choose Wireless and check the wireless settings of your router.
- First, set the Security option to None, then enable extender mode.
- Tap on the Advanced
- Click on the Advanced Setup, then router.
- After that, click on the AP And then Bridge, and Repeating Mode.
- Here, choose to Enable Wireless Repeating Function for 2.4GHz or 5GHz wi-fi band.
- Then, choose the radio button for the wireless repeater.
- You have to enter the IP address for the repeater. Then enter the IP address of the router to make the extender address.
- In case you don’t want to use the extender router for wi-fi, then select Disable wireless Client Association for the wired Ethernet connection.
- Enter the MAC address of your nighthawk app.com router in the Base Station MAC Address
- And at last, click on the Apply
- Now, your Nighthawk router is set in the extender mode.