Is your Nighthawk router stopped working? Are you failed to log in to your Nighthawk router or might be forgetting the password of your Netgear Nighthawk router. So, if these are your query, here in this article is the solution for your questions. You should need to do a factory reset netgear nighthawk router.
Points to remember :
- Before you start the reset process, be known with important points that a factory reset of the router erases all the personalized data like username, password, and other information. Therefore, you have to make a backup account for your data if you need it later.
- If you perform a hard reset, then log out of the Netgear account before the reset.
Nighthawk router factory reset method
You can perform a factory reset by many methods. Here’s we are discussing the different ways to reset the Nighthawk router. Have a look at these.
Soft Reset method : Head to the following given steps to reset the router.
- Check that all the LEDs light on the router are stable.
- After this, log in to your Nighthawk router using the web address routerlogin.net.
- Navigate to the settings of the router and move to the Reset option.
- Choose the Reset button to start the factory reset process.
- Here, you will be prompted to support your selection.
- At last, confirm the same and leave the router for a reboot.
Factory reset via Nighthawk app
To Nighthawk router factory reset using the app:
- Download the nighthawk app on your Android or iOS mobile.
- Open the app and access your Netgear account.
- Go to the settings of the Nighthawk router and search for the reset option.
- And choose it, then leave the process to reset.
Reset by using the reset button
It is also called the hard reset method of the Nighthawk router. To do this, see the following steps:
- Make sure your Nighthawk router is getting the proper electric supply and turned on.
- Further, find the reset button on your Nighthawk router.
- Press the reset button by using the needle or any sharp object.
- Release the button after 20-30 seconds.
- Once the reset process is complete, your router starts rebooting itself.
That’s it all about the factory reset of the Nighthawk router. After you have successfully done the reset, all the settings like setup, login have to do.