Netgear wifi Range Extender is a wonderful solution for eliminating the dead zones, boost up the current Wi-Fi signals over the home or workplace. Netgear Extender is considered as an ultimate way for getting high-speed Wi-Fi connections.
In the event, if one may experience the ” netgear wifi extender keeps disconnecting, then you are at perfect post. Why Netgear extender keeps disconnecting?
Here are some of the common reasons for losing the connection issue of Extender.
- The user will be connected to the incorrect network.
- The Netgear Extender may be placed in the wrong position.
- Firmware version of Extender is not updated.
- Incomplete setup of Netgear Extender.
Solution: netgear wifi extender keeps disconnecting
From the following below-given information, the user can rectify the disconnection issue.
1. Connect the Netgear Extender to the right Wi-Fi network
After the installment of the Extender, the user will be provided with a new Wi-Fi network. The SSID of the new Wi-Fi network is different from the old network. So, it is better to be sure that you are connected to the correct Wi-Fi network.
2. Power cycle the Netgear Extender
A power cycle is one of the best possible ways to get free from Netgear extender keeps disconnecting issues. How to power cycle the Netgear extender?
- Firstly, disconnect the Netgear range extender from the power source outlet.
- Power off the range extender properly.
- Wait for 2-3 seconds. Connect your range extender back to the power outlet.
- Then, power on the Netgear range extender.
After this, check whether the issue gets resolved or not. If not, move to another solution.
3. Place the Netgear extender in the right position
Put your Netgear range extender in such a place from where it is getting the proper connection signals. Understand the following things before putting the Netgear extender:
- Place the extender in a neat area of the home.
- Place the range extender away from the concrete walls, fish tanks, metals doors, and the glasses.
- Place the Netgear extender away from the electrical appliances, as it creates interference between the signals.
4. Update the extender’s firmware
One can update the Netgear extender through the following steps:-
- Turn on the Netgear range extender.
- Open a web browser of your choice.
- Type mywifiext.net URL.
- Click on the update the firmware option.
So, these are some easy solutions to fix the Netgear extender gets disconnected. If you may still facing the same problem, it is suggested to contact the experienced technicians.