Netgear extender boosts your wifi network and keeps your devices connected to your enhanced wifi network. Wi-fi Extender is specially designed to increase your wifi network and gives you a fast, reliable connection. Netgear regularly releases new features to add new advanced techniques to your Netgear wi-fi extender. You have to update your Netgear wifi extender’s firmware to add new advanced features and functions to your extenders. In this article, we guide you on how to update your Wi-Fi extender’s firmware. Continue reading.
Steps to update Netgear Extender’s Firmware using nighthawk-app.com.
- Foremost, connect your smartphone to your Netgear extender’s wi-fi network.
Note: Make sure you are connected to your extender’s network.
- Now, open the Nighthawk-app.com on your smartphone.
- If asked, provide your admin username and password.
- Go to the home icon at the top corner of the left side and click it.
- Click on the name of your router at the top of the screen.
- Here, you will see your product name.
- Choose your wi-fi extender from the available list of products.
- Then the app switches to your wi-fi extender.
Note: If you are not using a Nighthawk router than skip the above step.
- On the home screen, you will see a Network Map icon, then hit on it.
- Click on the image of your wi-fi extender.
- Herein, you will see details of your extender.
- Move to the top-right corner of your screen and tap on the three dots.
- Meanwhile, a three-option will appears on your screen.
- After that, tap on the Check for updates option.
- Hereafter, your wi-fi extender will check for new firmware.
- At last, hit on the Update option if any firmware is available.
- And your extender’s firmware updates will restart.
Steps to Update Netgear Extender’s Firmware using web interface.
- First of all, open any web browser from your device that should be connected to your extender’s network.
- Further, log in to your Netgear Extender.
- Once done, if the Menu icon will displays on your screen, then tap on it.
- Here, the extender menu will appear.
- Choose Settings>Firmware Update.
- The Firmware update page will appear on your screen.
- Hit on the Check Online option.
- Finally, if any new firmware is available, follow the on-screen instructions to update the firmware of your extender.