A virtual private network (VPN) service provides you online privacy by generating a separate network from a public internet connection. Sometimes due to geographic limitations, you can’t access some internet sites or services, by using the VPN service, you can easily access the sites without any trouble. Moreover, you need to connect your router to the internet to use the VPN service.
Here, in this blog you will know the complete guidance on how to use VPN on router with iOS device. Here, in this blog, you will know the complete guide on how to use VPN on a router with an iOS device.
How to use Netgear VPN service with iOS device
- Open any Internet browser and enter http://www.routerlogin.net into the search bar.
- Then, provide the router’s default username and password.Note: admin is the default username and password is the default password.
- After, click on the Advanced Tab and then Advanced Setup.
- Tap on the VPN Service.
- Choose the Enable VPN Service and hit the Apply
Note: Ensure that TUN/TAP port numbers are not the same when you are using both PC and Smartphone.
TUN: 12973(for a smartphone)
TAP: 12974(for computer)
- Next, click on the For Smart Phone option to download the OpenVPN configuration package.
- Once the VPN is downloaded, extract smartphone.zip.
- Here, open and install the VPN file via the App Store or iTunes.
- After that, connect your iOS device to your computer device.
- Hit the Apps and then OpenVPN.
- Click on the Add file and find the file that you extracted.
- Herein, launch the OpenVPN app.
- Meanwhile, you will automatically see the .ovpn
- Further, tap on the (+)
- Move the button to connect to the selected profile.