Nighthawk app lets you convenient access to the features of the router. Netgear router users can easily monitor and control the home wi-fi network from anywhere. When you use the Netgear Nighthawk app, you can secure wi-fi network and also set up a secure wi-fi network for guests. But sometimes user faces error while using the Nighthawk-app.com. Are you struggling with the issue that the Nighthawk app is not working? If yes, then no need to worry! Here in this article, we explain all the possible reasons for the Nighthawk app not working.
If the Nighthawk app is not working, go along with the following given steps.
- Foremost, check that your device must be connected to your router’s Wi-Fi network.
- Ensure that your router should be in AP mode.
- In case you are using a smartphone such as an android or iOS device, then make sure that your LTE connection should be disabled before connecting to the router’s wi-fi network.
- If your mobile device is connected to multiple networks at one time, then disconnect it.
- Sometimes your router might be in bridge mode. In Bridge mode is not supported in the Nighthawk app, then turn off Bridge mode and try using the app again.
Set your Router in AP mode
- First, log into your wireless device like a computer, laptop, or tablet.
- Move to the Advanced
- Now, select Advanced Setup>Router/AP mode.
- Thus, you set your router in AP mode.
Disabled LTE connection on your iPhone
- In the first step, open Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Cellular.
- Click the Cellular Data to turn off.
- Then open your Nighthawk app, and now your router will work.
Disabled LTE connection on your Android phone
- On your Android phone, go to the settings.
- Choose Network & Internet and then Data Usage.
- Tap on the Mobile Data to turn off.
- At last, open your Nighthawk app, and now your router device will work.
Turn off Bridge mode using the given basic steps.
- Open a preferred Internet browser on your wireless device that connects to your router’s network.
- Visit http://www.routerlogin.net.
- Provide the router username and password.
Note: Username: admin
Default password: password
- Head to the Advanced
- Choose the Advanced Setup section and then Wireless Bridge.
- Meanwhile, a wireless Bridge page appears.
- Unchecked the Enable Bridge Mode.
- Finally, you successfully turn off the Bridge mode.